Trend items can eat up the majority of your wardrobe budget if you’re not careful, so it’s important to remember the 80/20 rule of clothing expenditure.
Spend 80% of your money on staple items, and save the rest for more timely, on-trend pieces.
Timeless, classic items that you can mix and match with several different looks are what matters here. With that in mind, every man should call the following items staples:
- 2 Pairs of Jeans: One pair of dark, one pair alternative.
- 3 Pairs of Shoes: Black, brown, and designer sneakers.
- 4 Sweaters: Gray cardigan, blue cardigan, black v-neck, designer hoodie.
- 12 Tees: 3 sets of black, white, blue, and gray.
- 4 Button-ups: White, stripes, blue, denim.
- 1 Suit: Dark blue or charcoal suit, double vents, 2 buttons.
*Photo by Phil Cohen (His Instagram rules)